In Home Care
Whether it’s a private residence or an assisted living facility, wherever your loved one calls home, Seniors Home Care can help maintain their safety and independence. You will find our list of most commonly used services below. But if the service you’re looking for is not listed here, please ask by calling our office. We’re always looking for new ways to serve the needs of our families.
We complete a complimentary assessment with all new clients.
Pricing is based on the more hours you reserve, the lower the cost per hour. Clients are welcome to mix and match services as needed. The number and types of services requested may determine the length of the visit. With 150+ caregivers whose skills and availabilities vary, we identify each caregiver’s skill and match them to the client’s requests.
Personal care services include some of the most intimate services we provide. Caregivers are trained to do a thorough job, while still honoring a person’s dignity. This allows your loved one to maintain their independence.
- Bathing (bed bath, tub, shower)
- Medication reminders
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s/Hospice Care
- Care related to incontinence
- Mobility (transfers and walking), turning and repositioning
- Hair and skin care
- Monitoring vital signs
- Monitor fluid intake and output
- Range of motion exercises
- Aid with AM wake-up and PM tuck-in
- Home management (such as being on hand to greet a plumber or lawn service)
Companionship care is essential to continuing a safe and functional household. Our caregivers provide routine assistance in a professional and efficient manner, enabling your loved one to maintain a high level of independence.
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Stimulate mental awareness:
- Discuss current and historical events
- Reminisce about the past
- Play games, cards and do puzzles
- Assist with reading
- Light duty housework, including laundry and ironing
- Provide supplemental or respite care
- Answer the door
- Assist with clothing selection
- Clip coupons for shopping
- Monitor TV usage
- Mail bills and letters
- Take out garbage
- Arrange appointments
- Assist with walking
- Write letters and correspondence
- Make beds and change linens
- Organize and clean closets
- Accompany to lunch or dinner
- Home safety assessment (initiated by a nurse, monitored by caregiver)
- Pet care
- Mail and newspaper pickup
Whether in the client’s vehicle, or in the vehicle of the caregiver, SHC transportation services are one-on-one and can provide a much-needed change of scenery. Clients are picked up by their caregiver, assisted as needed to their appointment, and returned safely to their home. (Taking trips in their own vehicle—even if they are being driven—often enhances a client’s perception that they are still independent.)
- Doctor visits
- Assistance with errands
- shopping for groceries and/or supplies
- prescription pickup
- Escort to appointments, events and/or social activities
- Visits to neighbors, friends or family
- Planning visits, outings and trips
- Nursing home/hospital visits
Unintentional weight loss can result in lower immune response, which can lead to infections. It can also cause serious physical problems, such as skin breakdown, and result in loss of muscle mass, which can lead to falls and injury. At Seniors Home Care, we empower our caregivers and staff by providing ongoing nutrition training programs.
- Preparing grocery lists
- Meal preparation
- Cleanup/storage of prepared foods.
- Meals on Wheels coordination
- Monitoring diet and eating
- Help in following a disease-specific diet
When your needs, or the needs of your loved one, exceed what a caregiver can perform, an SHC nurse can assist on an as-needed basis.
- Medication setup
- Skilled nurse visit
- Facilitate/prepare documents for provider(s)
- Arrange DME (durable medical equipment) setups
- Advocate for client, per family request
- Schedule calls to check on client, per family request
- LPN/RN by the shift
- Accompany client to the doctor and attend visit