Because they so often serve as “the face” of our company, you will find SHC caregivers respectful, confident, and passionate about helping seniors through their journey of life. You can depend on SHC caregivers to be prompt, reliable, skilled and considerate while honoring each client’s dignity and self respect.
Our caregivers are handpicked from the “best of the best”. Caregivers want to work for Seniors Home Care because we offer:
- Excellent Wages
- 24-Hour, On-Call Support
- Workplace Focused on Ethics and Care for the Elderly
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Training and Continuing Education for All Employees
- One-on-One Care with Clients (allowing meaningful relationships to develop)
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Awards & Recognition for Outstanding Performance
- Friendly and Supportive Work Environment
Prior to employment, background screenings and drug testing are performed on all caregivers. References are checked and employees are personally interviewed by a registered nurse.
“”You can depend on SHC caregivers to be prompt, reliable, and considerate while honoring each client’s dignity and self respect.
All employees adhere to the SHC mission statement and its 10 core values. This is very important because we believe the decisions we make should be guided by our mission.
Clients should also expect a trained, courteous and productive caregiver who has been oriented to their specific situation by an SHC staff member.
All caregivers pursue ongoing training including:
- Basic Physical Assessment Training (if not a current Certified Nursing Assistant)
- Monthly Resource Training
- In-services taught by a nurse covering topics such as:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Using Assistive Devices
- Checking Blood Pressure
- One-on-one training and support on specific disease processes and care situations
All caregivers must adopt the SHC Professional Appearance Policy, which ensures that a caregiver will arrive at the client’s home in clothing that clearly displays the SHC logo. This instills confidence in clients who may be understandably apprehensive about opening the door to anyone new.
Finally, all employees of SHC are subject to ongoing, random drug screening by a third party professional company.