Five Tips For Family Caregivers
- Famly caregiving is a job and respite is your earned right. Reward yourself with respite breaks often.
- Watch out for signs of depression, and don’t delay in getting professional help when you need it.
- A change in eating habits resulting in unwanted weight loss or gain.
- A change in sleep patterns—too much sleep or not enough.
- Feeling that nothing you do is good enough.
- When people offer to help, accept the offer and suggest specific things that they can do.
- Educate yourself about your loved one’s condition and how to communicate effectively with doctors. “Knowledge is power”.
- There’s a difference between caring and doing. Be open to technologies and ideas that promote your loved one’s independence.
Join the Discussion
Seniors Home Care reserves the right to remove anything deemed inappropriate, off-topic or otherwise questionable; however, we have no responsibility to do so.