Beating Cabin Fever during St. Louis Winters
As we recover from the excitement of the holidays and get settled into the New Year, it’s common to experience a bit of cabin fever from being cooped up at home during cold winter days.
St. Louis offers many opportunities for indoor fun out of the house. Below are a few possibilities we recommend.
- Check out the Shepherd’s Center in Glendale. From movie nights and book clubs, to exercise classes (including chair exercise) and line dancing, to the Needlework Society and Monday Scrabblers group, the Shepherd’s Center is bound to have something for you.
- Visit the Missouri History Museum for an exhibit. The current Panorama’s of the City Exhibit is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a glimpse at St. Louis scenes from the first half of the 20th Century.
- Get social at your community center. Community centers are a great place to find opportunities to get out of the house and interact with others through activities such as exercise groups and card clubs.
- Cheer on your favorite team. Enjoy the college basketball experience of a Billikens game. Recently, a 95-year-old lifelong Blues fan proved it’s never too late for your first live hockey game.
- Spend a day at the mall. Malls like the St. Louis Galleria offer more than just shopping. You can also conveniently catch a movie and enjoy a meal in the same building. Malls are also a great place to enjoy a morning walk before stores open and crowds arrive.
These are just a few of the many attractions to enjoy year-round in the St. Louis area. We’d love to hear your favorites.
If you find that getting out has become more of a challenge, please contact us. Our professional caregivers would love to help you continue to enjoy your active life.
Join the Discussion
Seniors Home Care reserves the right to remove anything deemed inappropriate, off-topic or otherwise questionable; however, we have no responsibility to do so.